Skip to main content

UCS Morning Update

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Get ready for another crazy week with back to school is right around the corner. WSJ Before-the-bell reports a flat opening with many companies still on tap to report their earnings for the quarter. As I mentioned in my last post on Friday, its a wait-and-see strategy for me, at least for the first few days of the week. Our focus is still in the technology, and pharmaceutical sector with energy stocks not far behind. I will be adding a new format over the next few days with a daily scheduled online web meetings on ETF funds or stocks that we believe have the potential to make you some money or add value to your retirement portfolio.

7/27/2009 9:49 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Update

By Rick Walter Still working on putting together a strong biotech portfolio. Here is a good general article on the state of the biotech industry that was posted yesterday on the online Wall Street Journal's site- Biotech Stocks Hot Right Now, Ho-Hum in the Long Run.

Portfolio Update

By Rick Walter I have posted a new Biotechnology portfolio . It's total return as of November 25, 2009 is 3.4%. However, to download and use it you will have to subscribe to the portfolio, of course. On an important note, I consider each portfolio to be well diversified in its particular sector but I've recently decided to add stock futures and options positions to each portfolio which will increase each portfolio's return but lower the risks going forward.

Take a Little Money off the Table

By Rick Walter It's been 11 days since I've made a post. I must have been in a writer's funk. Ha-Ha-ha. I posted, on 8/18/2009, the total returns for our model portfolios which are based on accepted investor risk profiles with each portfolio following set asset allocation percentages. With the markets steadily moving upwards, it has been easy to make adjustments to each portfolio, taking advantage of the markets climb while avoiding many other riskier assets. I have been projecting a pull-back since last month but no such event has happened yet. However, if you look at the declining yield on the 30 year (long) treasury bond - 4.2833% a week ago to 4.2265% today, it would paint a different picture. What does declining treasury yields mean or suggest for the average investor? Well, it suggests that you should tread carefully because uncertainty is beginning to rear it ugly head, and with uncertainty comes volatility which is followed by market declines or unexplained mark...