Skip to main content

The Power of Technology

Technology has been nice to investors. However, looking for a little pull-back in the markets sometimes this week or early next week of about 3-4%. But, I could be wrong. The anxiety meter is high this week. Here are three technology funds that are comparable in return, size, holdings, etc.

However, one fund stands out from among the rest with a whopping 3 month return of 61.18%. Since the ProShares fund returns 2X the index, you really get a nice return on your money. However, there are many risks to consider when investing in these types of funds at this stage in the game.

If you are unsure on where and how to reposition your assets to prevent further losses? We can help you. Our financial planning methods using Exchange-traded funds and careful asset allocation modeling can help you fix or build a financial portfolio that will weather any financial storm and secure your dreams.

Get investment advice tailored to your retirement needs from a trusted source. Our asset management services for businesses includes financial analysis, asset selection, stock selection, plan implementation and ongoing monitoring of investments with you remaining in control of how and when to implement your plan.

We bring you diversified investment strategies in any way that you want: Equity Investments, Asset Allocation & Fixed Income, Cash Management, Alternatives, Mutual Funds, Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs), Retirement Plans, and Separately Managed Accounts. Call for a free no cost financial planning consultation now 770-572-2715.

7/22/2009 5:25 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Update

By Rick Walter Still working on putting together a strong biotech portfolio. Here is a good general article on the state of the biotech industry that was posted yesterday on the online Wall Street Journal's site- Biotech Stocks Hot Right Now, Ho-Hum in the Long Run.

Portfolio Update

By Rick Walter I have posted a new Biotechnology portfolio . It's total return as of November 25, 2009 is 3.4%. However, to download and use it you will have to subscribe to the portfolio, of course. On an important note, I consider each portfolio to be well diversified in its particular sector but I've recently decided to add stock futures and options positions to each portfolio which will increase each portfolio's return but lower the risks going forward.

Whose lending?

Troubled times ahead for everyone it seems. Credit markets still seems to be troubled. The Federal Reserve stands willing to provide liquidity to the markets although modestly. If I was running a pretty profitable business and I needed capital now, could I rely on my existing banking relationship to provide me the capital now? Here is an article in the WSJ on "Prior Loans, Future Pain?" Link . This article is free, no subscription needed . I guess the answer might be how much you need and the terms, but wouldn't you feel slighted if you had a banking relationship with your banker for lets say 10 years and you asked your banker to increase your credit line by about an additional 40% and they said no. In this scenario, with all things being equal, of good personal credit and business scores, pretty robust industry growth projections, and business debt to credit ratio of 1.20 or better. What would be the reason(s) for a bank decline? I called and left a message to a banker...