Skip to main content

UCS ETF Update:Fading to neutral

UCS ETF update: Fading to neutral. The ProShares Technology Fund share volume is still heavy. Over 200,000 shares traded so far, but sell orders are dominating the session as the DOW tapers off. I am in at $31.50 a share with share price currently trading at $31.11. The ratio of Buy orders to Sell orders has not been above 30% since 10:30 am. Could see the fund closing at yesterday lows.

06/02/09 11:59:46 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Update

By Rick Walter Still working on putting together a strong biotech portfolio. Here is a good general article on the state of the biotech industry that was posted yesterday on the online Wall Street Journal's site- Biotech Stocks Hot Right Now, Ho-Hum in the Long Run.

Portfolio Update

By Rick Walter I have posted a new Biotechnology portfolio . It's total return as of November 25, 2009 is 3.4%. However, to download and use it you will have to subscribe to the portfolio, of course. On an important note, I consider each portfolio to be well diversified in its particular sector but I've recently decided to add stock futures and options positions to each portfolio which will increase each portfolio's return but lower the risks going forward.

Biotech Pump and Dump

By Rick Walter Building a good Biotechnology portfolio has turned out to be a bit of a task. I have one on the table, but feel that it's a little too aggressive and risky, especially for today's market. Funding for most Biotech ventures- old or new, have either dried up or have been put on hold. This portfolio that I am building is too much of a pure Biotech play. It would be feast or famine on the returns. Let me explain. I remember when I was a young broker, I worked for this small outfit in Florida where the office manager and a few other brokers, including myself, would get all pumped up over a stock called Celi. I believe that the stock is now trading on the Amex as (Cel-Sci: CVM ). Well the stock was always on the verge of getting approval for some phase of cancer treatment therapy. Whenever the company released news, we would run the stock up as high as the market makers would let us run it- ($1.30 to $2.30 per share) before we banged it back down to previous lows of .30...