Skip to main content

UCS ETF update: Go easy on the tech sauce

Heavy trading this morning. I am looking for the strength to taper off later in the afternoon. Some of the strength that we see could be buy orders from last week Friday as institutions continue to accumulate and adjust positions. The ProShares Technology Fund is trading nicely up 5.0% with volume very heavy at 207,617 shares traded. If you had bought in the fund at $28.50 last week or the week before at $28.30, your position would be in the money. Now would be a good time to take a little money of the table if you are trading. If you are a buy-and-hold investor stay put.

06/01/09 11:27:09 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Update

By Rick Walter Still working on putting together a strong biotech portfolio. Here is a good general article on the state of the biotech industry that was posted yesterday on the online Wall Street Journal's site- Biotech Stocks Hot Right Now, Ho-Hum in the Long Run.

Portfolio Update

By Rick Walter I have posted a new Biotechnology portfolio . It's total return as of November 25, 2009 is 3.4%. However, to download and use it you will have to subscribe to the portfolio, of course. On an important note, I consider each portfolio to be well diversified in its particular sector but I've recently decided to add stock futures and options positions to each portfolio which will increase each portfolio's return but lower the risks going forward.

Whose lending?

Troubled times ahead for everyone it seems. Credit markets still seems to be troubled. The Federal Reserve stands willing to provide liquidity to the markets although modestly. If I was running a pretty profitable business and I needed capital now, could I rely on my existing banking relationship to provide me the capital now? Here is an article in the WSJ on "Prior Loans, Future Pain?" Link . This article is free, no subscription needed . I guess the answer might be how much you need and the terms, but wouldn't you feel slighted if you had a banking relationship with your banker for lets say 10 years and you asked your banker to increase your credit line by about an additional 40% and they said no. In this scenario, with all things being equal, of good personal credit and business scores, pretty robust industry growth projections, and business debt to credit ratio of 1.20 or better. What would be the reason(s) for a bank decline? I called and left a message to a banker...