Skip to main content

Profit-prone Asian SPDERS

Our ETF of the day is the SPDR S&P China ETF Fund, (NYSE Arca: GXC) This ETF trades on the New York Stock Exchange and is currently trading at $67.62. The Pacific/Asia (excluding Japan) market may still hold promise as a great place to invest, while the US markets continue to recover. This exchange-traded fund excludes investments in Japan which I believe gives the fund a slight performance advantage. The fund's total return since inception is 9.27%, and it's one year market return, as of 1/31/2010 is 66.43%. The fund is a little pricey, but I think it's worth a look and a possible investment.

Email us with the fund's symbol for more information on how this fund can make you money. Also, with tax season here, take advantage or our low fee Roth IRA and reduce your tax liabilities for 2009. Learn about the tax advantages of a Roth IRA, combined with our set-it and leave-it portfolio service which automatically adjusts your investments based on an asset allocation model that you select. Invest in target date funds, stocks, mutual funds and ETFs- Traditional IRAs are also available. Email us for more info.
 
By Rick Walter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Update

By Rick Walter Still working on putting together a strong biotech portfolio. Here is a good general article on the state of the biotech industry that was posted yesterday on the online Wall Street Journal's site- Biotech Stocks Hot Right Now, Ho-Hum in the Long Run.

Portfolio Update

By Rick Walter I have posted a new Biotechnology portfolio . It's total return as of November 25, 2009 is 3.4%. However, to download and use it you will have to subscribe to the portfolio, of course. On an important note, I consider each portfolio to be well diversified in its particular sector but I've recently decided to add stock futures and options positions to each portfolio which will increase each portfolio's return but lower the risks going forward.

Whose lending?

Troubled times ahead for everyone it seems. Credit markets still seems to be troubled. The Federal Reserve stands willing to provide liquidity to the markets although modestly. If I was running a pretty profitable business and I needed capital now, could I rely on my existing banking relationship to provide me the capital now? Here is an article in the WSJ on "Prior Loans, Future Pain?" Link . This article is free, no subscription needed . I guess the answer might be how much you need and the terms, but wouldn't you feel slighted if you had a banking relationship with your banker for lets say 10 years and you asked your banker to increase your credit line by about an additional 40% and they said no. In this scenario, with all things being equal, of good personal credit and business scores, pretty robust industry growth projections, and business debt to credit ratio of 1.20 or better. What would be the reason(s) for a bank decline? I called and left a message to a banker...