Skip to main content

ETF Update: Reposition and Rebalance

Well, its been a moment since my last post. I've been bogged down doing taxes; however the workload has eased up a bit since April 15th, which has given me some time to start scouring the markets for good deals.
Although the markets and the US economy is not out of danger, I believe that there will be many opportunities out there to make money in the markets. But before you decide to jump back in, I suggest that you take a serious look at your positions and tweak your portfolio to handle the rough riding ahead.

If you are afraid to look at your investments in your 403(b) , 401K, or IRA because they have performed poorly over the last two years, then it may be time to look at what and why you are invested in certain positions. We are offering a fantastic financial planning service for the next six months that can help you reevaluate and re-balance investments that have not performed well and reposition your investments for growth in your retirement account. Don't leave your nest egg exposed. You can weather the storm nicely if you are positioned correctly. Secure and protect your dreams with financial guidance that puts you where you need to be now.
In addition, I will be publishing a series of investment help articles on our main website. Feel free to check the site periodically for advice, tips and 'edumacation' on building an investment portfolio that can better weather the business cycles and make you money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Update

By Rick Walter Still working on putting together a strong biotech portfolio. Here is a good general article on the state of the biotech industry that was posted yesterday on the online Wall Street Journal's site- Biotech Stocks Hot Right Now, Ho-Hum in the Long Run.

Portfolio Update

By Rick Walter I have posted a new Biotechnology portfolio . It's total return as of November 25, 2009 is 3.4%. However, to download and use it you will have to subscribe to the portfolio, of course. On an important note, I consider each portfolio to be well diversified in its particular sector but I've recently decided to add stock futures and options positions to each portfolio which will increase each portfolio's return but lower the risks going forward.

Whose lending?

Troubled times ahead for everyone it seems. Credit markets still seems to be troubled. The Federal Reserve stands willing to provide liquidity to the markets although modestly. If I was running a pretty profitable business and I needed capital now, could I rely on my existing banking relationship to provide me the capital now? Here is an article in the WSJ on "Prior Loans, Future Pain?" Link . This article is free, no subscription needed . I guess the answer might be how much you need and the terms, but wouldn't you feel slighted if you had a banking relationship with your banker for lets say 10 years and you asked your banker to increase your credit line by about an additional 40% and they said no. In this scenario, with all things being equal, of good personal credit and business scores, pretty robust industry growth projections, and business debt to credit ratio of 1.20 or better. What would be the reason(s) for a bank decline? I called and left a message to a banker...